Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011: Three Keys

Pin It Now!
When I discovered that I had earned a free stamp set from Stampin' Up! of any price after my hard work for Sale-a-Bration this past spring, it was really hard not to rush out and order a set. But I was patient so I could get any set I wanted from the NEW catalog July 1st - what an amazing feeling! I love SU. :)

As soon as I saw it, I knew the set I would order was Established Elegance. Not the most expensive set, but the one I absolutely fell in love with. It has all the little vintage elements I love - and an adorable typewriter! Love, love, love.

I was playing around with swap card ideas and this was my first card. The base is Very Vanilla, and I added a top panel embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and I sponged the edges lightly with a Sponge Dauber and Marina Mist Classic Ink. I added an embossed frame of Marina Mist from the Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Set, and used my 1 3/8" Square Punch to remove the middle.

My frame makes a beautiful border for a scrap of Very Vanilla stamped with the swirl from Established Elegance in Crumb Cake, and the Established in 1873 in Marina Mist.

My keys are stamped in Marina Mist Classic Ink on Marina Mist cardstock and punched out with the Medium Oval Punch. I also added a bow of Chantilly Crochet Lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...