Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29, 2011: So Excited!

Pin It Now! It's my upline, Heather's Christmas Stamp Camp today...I can't wait! Her events are always such an inspiration. I can't wait until I have a larger customer base and can do some of these big events!

After receiving many requests, I FINALLY did a masculine card class this month. Honestly, I really struggle with masculine cards, so I have been avoiding it for quite some time. It really was time to suck it up and get the job done. And you know what? I'm so glad I did!

I'll share the projects we made in the next few days, but today I wanted to share the favors I made for everyone. I think a favor is such a nice way of saying "thank you for coming" as well as providing a little souvenir. I love making favors. :) I wanted these to have a masculine flair, so this is what I chose.

I found these little wood frames at the $1 Store in two packs...for the price I assumed they would be plastic, but was thrilled to find they are wood - and fairly nice ones at that! I did a faux leather technique using my Heat Tool and fun foam from my local craft store. I think I learned this technique from the amazing and ultra talented Frenchie. :) Just ink up the stamp and press it hard into the heat softened foam. Wahlah! (Which I notice sounds cooler when you say it than when you type it.)

I don't seem to have a lot of masculine stamp sets, so to add to my traditional go-to favorite of Lovely as a Tree I was able to borrow In Wilderness from my MIL. Thank goodness for family! My ink is Soft Suede. I experimented with Chocolate Chip, but liked the realism I got with the lighter color.

After I topped my fun foam with the glass and wrapped a small scrap of Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding around it before FORCING it into the frame. The frames did NOT like the added thickness, but ultimately I managed. :) Then I added a tag made with the Large Oval Punch in Textured Very Vanilla Cardstock, stamped with "thanks" from Word Play (I inked just the one word with an Old Olive Marker). A Metallic Brad finished the look.

So cute and perfect for a masculine card class!

mg src="http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/85777/volksie/c799f025d5c55d499b512bbbfe90c925.png" border="0" style="border: 0 !important; background: transparent;" />






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...