Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012: Purple Wedding Album Pages 4 & 5

Pin It Now!
I really wanted the shadowing technique I learned from the amazing Erin Gonzales to be the focal point of this page, so I used a simple background of retired Orchid Opulence and layered on a fancy center.  I just love this buckle look!  It's easy to create - I started with torn strips of Pretty in Pink, and topped those with strips of my retired Shades of Spring DSP, which I punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch.  My buckles are Chocolate Chip Cardstock cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelit. I simply cut them in half and added a Champagne Glimmer Brad to each half.

For the shadowing technique, I stamped the flower image from Mixed Bunch in Whisper White Craft Ink, and highlighted the outside edge with the (sadly!) retired VersaMarker.  The butterfly from Nature Walk is the same, except I wanted it to really stand out so I went over it with White Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen. 

The ribbon is Pretty in Pink Scallop Dots Ribbon topped with Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.

Photo mats of Pretty In Pink matted on Certainly Celery and pearl flower centers finish off this beautiful page!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...