Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012: Purple Werdding Album Pages 6 & 7

Pin It Now!
I don't remember where I first saw this layout design, but I think it might have been one of Jeanette Lynton's fab books?  Anyway, I just loved the way it seemed like a modern take on those great old library pockets that you used to see in books...remember when they would right your name on the card, and in a small town you knew who else had read the book recently...or not so recently?  But I digress.  :)

For my base page I used the retired Shades of Spring Designer Series paper and layered on strips of retired Orchid Opulence topped with squares of Certainly Celery for photos or journaling.  To get my butterflies and pearls element in, I stamped the butterflies from Kindness Matters in Chocolate Chip and used the strips of pearls to separate my photo boxes.  TIP! The three butterflies are actually a single stamp, side by side.  Whenever I get a stamp set like this, I always get it in Clear Mount.  Then I can simply cut them apart and use them individually!  If you cut them apart without doing any extra trimming, they will always remount side by side on a clear block and you have the original three-butterfly image, unharmed.  :)

For my top photo mats I used Pretty in Pink and added strips at each end of the back side of the same DSP as the background, and rounded the corners.  I covered the seam with retired Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon topped with retired Orchid Opulence Grosgrain Ribbon.  The top mats are So Saffron. 

For my central embellishments I used Orchid Opulence punchies from the Boho Blossoms Punch, and layered on a Vintage Faceted Designer Button with a Pearl in the middle.  To keep with the tag look, I added loops of Whisper White Bakers Twine and taped them in the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...