Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 19, 2009: Poppin's Pastels Card

Pin It Now! I love learning new techniques, so when I saw Dawn Griffith's Poppin' Pastels video here:

http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stamping_thoughts/2008/11/poppin-pastels-.html

I knew I had to give it a try. (I love Dawn's videos - thank you, Dawn!)

Here is my attempt. I also pasteled the edges; it's hard to see in the photo, but there is a lot of soft green shading around the image and up the sides. So pretty!

I also had to give my newest tool a try. :) I couldn't believe all the exciting things that crafters were doing with Stampin' Up!'s new ornament punch - the possibilities seemed endless! But, it wasn't until I saw a card online where someone took six ornament punchies and made a flower that I knew I had to place an order. It came in late last night, but I had to try it out - ASAP! It took me a while to figure out how to make the petals lie together; I kept moving them around and trying different things. I finally cut the top bit off each punchie, and that seemed to work best. That leaves a hexagonal hole in the middle, but that's easy to cover. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...