Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31, 2011: Best of 2011

Pin It Now! I thought it would be fun to go back through and recap some of my favorite projects of the past year. Click on the photos for the original blog posts!
This card was, oddly enough, one of the favorites on my blog. I made it as a sympathy card - something I struggle with - and everyone who saw it really loved it. It is also the one and only project to be featured on Tiffany Bauer's Crafty Picks HERE. I was so proud!

Although I started my papercrafting journey as a scrapbooker, I don't seem to have the time to do a lot of it now - too many cards to make! I was so happy when I was asked to do a scrapbook page for one of my classes, and this is what I came up with (original layout sketch by Jennifer Priest). This nautical suite was one of my favorites from Stampin' Up! this year. Link
I held my first few classes at my local Donut House - it was great! Close to my home, no stairs, great munchies...but alas, I had to make way for the sports teams so I moved my classes to the Coeur d'Alene Great Floors. This was the thank you gift I made for Donut House. Thank you, Hayden Donut House!

I made this card on commission - I was in a rush, so I CASE'd one I found on Splitcoast. I didn't change very much, but with the texture, laying and (of course) purple, this is one of my all-time favorite cards.

I made this birthday card for my father-in-law this year. I think it is my favorite masculine card to date - I love the color combo and the clean lines. Fab!

I make favors for every class, but these were some of my all-time favorites. I was trying to showcase all the products from the Occasions Mini this past spring...and I think I accomplished that. :)

More class favors. I made a pair of these for each of the suites in the Occasions Mini this past spring - these were my favorites. I just love the Adornments Roses! When they showed up recently in the Clearance Rack Blitz for such an amazing price, I squirreled away fi....wait, I don't want to share that or you will think I'm crazy. Lets just say several tubs, shall we? ;-D

This was another commission - a baby boy shadow box. I LOVE making shadow boxes, and they make such great gifts!

One Sheet Wonder card boxes...using my very own template. Love it! It's a perfect way to feed my bow obsession. And my First Edition Designer Series Paper addiction.

I designed this card for my fun folds class, and it was monstrously well received. I made a few extra and sold them on Etsy and locally almost immediately. Such a fun card! I love that when you open it the butterfly flaps it's wings. :)

Ah, the French Shoe. I love making shoes, although they often take more time than I can allot! I sent this one to a new home as a door prize, but I really should make myself one. :)

I couldn't find the black shadow box on my blog, so maybe this is the first time I've shared it! I know I shared the Cherry Cobbler and the Island Indigo one...

Anyway, the black was MY favorite, although not my class attendees favorite. I made extras of these and gave them away as gifts. They make a great wedding gift!

And finally, we come to the end of my Best of 2011 post. (collective sigh of relief). This advent calendar - and it's fifteen fellows - consumed my last two months. People loved them! I held two classes and sold a bunch of finished ones. Still have two left, if anyone wants them. :) $30 + $14 Priority Shipping. Never too early to think of next year!

So that's it. Did I pick your favorites from the last year? I hope so. :)

I'll have my January newsletter ready to go tomorrow, with a 2012 class list. A sneaky peek of said list is on my Stampin' Up! website if you can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...