Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16, 2011: Masculine Birthday Card

Pin It Now! Well, I think my pictures are improving! Like I said, I still need a background fabric, but it's a start. :)

I needed a masculine birthday card for Jeff's dad, and I had Stampin' Up!'s retired Bronc Buster on my desk from a previous project. This set has a great flourish that is probably supposed to be dust, but I've used it for so many applications! It looks great with flowers, vintage looks, etc. I bought the set secondhand for this great focal image of the cowboy on the horse, but I've never actually used it.

I stamped the image on Very Vanilla in Chocolate Chip and matted it with the same color. I used a thin Baja Breeze mat on Chocolate Chip for the card, and embossed a piece of Very Vanilla with a non-SU embossing folder for the background. A knot in Baja Breeze seam binding and a SU Star Brad (retired) finished the card off beautifully. I'm in love with this one...I might have to make another for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...