Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3, 2011: Pretty Birthday Card

Pin It Now!
I was asked recently to make a birthday card for a mother on commission. I chose Pretty in Pink and Perfect Plum cardstock and paired it with Perfect Plum from the Designer Series Paper Subtles Collection. I also used the Elegant Lines embossing folder and the scallop punch in Very Vanilla to set off the central band.

The sentiment is from Word Play and the stamp set is Bloomin' Beautiful (retired). I watercolored the violets and pot with a combination of SU markers and a blender pen using Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss (both retired) and Perfect Plum inks. It doesn't show in the picture, but I dotted each violet with a tiny rhinestone. This card came out amazing! I was so happy with it.

This card is loosely CASEd from one I saw on Splitcoast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...