Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010: Another PageMaps Contest

Pin It Now! I had so much fun with the PageMaps sketch contest posted yesterday that I had to enter this one, too! The original sketch is here:

http://www.pagemaps.com/images/2009/pagecall/paperpagecallsketch.jpg

I love using the torn note-book paper; it really adds an interesting element. I couldn't find patterned paper in my stash that worked for me, so I hand-stamped the gray and hand-Sharpie-ed the charcoal to make the diamonds.

The close-up pictures of the geese are copywrite-free images from Wikimedia Commons, one of my favorite online resources. The pictures that I took were right at sunset, so I tried to play off the colors of the sky for the page.


THANK YOU to all who pointed out that the comments were not properly enabled for my blog! Since I'm new to this, I need all the help I can get. :) I've edited the HTML, and hopefully the result is an embedded posting box that will be easier to use (and will actually work).

My New Year's resolution is to start putting a few of my craft projects on Etsy, so stay tuned for that. :) I'm working on a snowflake card set to start my "shop" off, and I can't wait to show it to you all. I don't have anything up yet, but my shop name is ElinsElegantDesigns.

God Bless and have a happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...