Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2010: Hostess Card

Pin It Now!
Don't forget the reason for the holiday today!

Check out my new look! I'm still working on it, but it's a nice start. I love the shabby chic look. :) The banner at the bottom is the one from my Etsy shop.

This is the card I made for the hostess of the first Stamper's 10 Club meeting. I used one of my all-time favorite Stampin Up stamps, Lovely as a Tree. I used a thin, metallic paper and black Staz-On ink, then rubbed Colorbox Cat Eye ink over the top for the watercolor effect. I think it came out pretty well - sort of stormy looking, which is more or less the look I was going for. I wanted a little more blue, so since the paper was thin I mounted it on metallic blue paper.

I don't know why even Staz-On smears some - I like this effect, but stormy is really the only look I CAN go for due to the smearing! I've been told that if you use Staz-On it won't smear, and I've seen video tutorials where it doesn't, but mine always does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...