Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010: Mia's Motorcycle Page

Pin It Now! At the 2008 local rodeo carnival, my niece Mia really wanted to ride the motorcycle ride. She was so cute flying round that I took a bunch of pictures. They have been sitting ever since - I just couldn't find a way to scrap them to my satisfaction. Then I saw a "carousel" layout in an old scrapbooking book...perfect!

As the pink disk is rotated (you can just see a little of it at top) the photos circle through the hole in the front. I was able to get seven photos in, plus the one on the front! I've been hoarding this piece of paper for nearly a year now, too...how perfect was it for this project?

I will say that this was something of a nightmare to lay out so that they rotated through properly. After I cut the pictures into circles, I used repositionable adhesive and reset them dozens of times. (The following day I learned that Hot Off the Press [paperwishes.com] sells a template to lay out this style of page. For the $5.99, if you want to make this page yourself, it would be so worth it!)

On another note, I am so excited that CHA has finally started! I can't wait to see the "whole story" on all the sneak peeks we have been getting online. :) I'm especially excited about Tim Holtz Alterations line for Sizzix, the new button decorator (can't remember the company - they are new I think) and the new Cuttlebug folders. So cool! It usually takes a while for new products to filter into my local stores, but both Michaels and JoAnn's have been doing a lot of clearance sales, so perhaps they will get things in early. We can hope, right? ;~P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...