Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010: Scrap Your City Page

Pin It Now!

This is a scrapbook page that I did for a "scrap your city" challenge. Jeff and I live in Hayden, which is really a suburb or Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Consequently, Hayden is very tiny and doesn't have a lot of landmarks or a real "downtown" or anything. For my photos, I chose things in Hayden that are interesting or important to me.


My Dad is a private pilot, so being close to the airport is very important to me. The sign coming into Hayden is new; I love how, even with my poor photography skills, the sign blends into the hills in the background. (It's something of a local joke that the sign says "Welcome to Downtown Hayden." If that is the downtown, it consists of several large empty lots, a dentist, a Jiffy Lube and one apartment complex!) Finally, the Japanese Maple and fountain is at a local business; it is such a beautiful focal point. It's quite large, has both a fountain and a pond with rocks, maples and arctic firs. Many people take photographs there. I actually didn't realize how many people until I saw a copy of our local "Wheel Deals;" at least one car on every page was photographed in front of this fountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...