Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11, 2010: 1930 Hupmobile Card

Pin It Now! This is my favorite card that I did for the Graphic 45 design team call. It's a very, very simple card; I just cut two images from the amazing Graphic 45 papers and mounted them on foam risers with a scrap of ribbon. It is probably one of the simplest cards I have ever done!

Most of my Graphic 45 projects will get listed on Etsy, but this one stays with me. :)

I love the Stampin Up Slot Punch, which I used here to thread the ribbon through on the ends. I don't like to knot ribbon on my cards; I like the look but I can never seem to get the knot to lay flat. So, I just take a scrap of ribbon (usually a tiny scrap from trimming the ends on another project) and tie the longer ribbon in a knot around it. That way, the knot always lies flat and has a really nice, smooth center. Then I use the slot punch to hide the ends. :) This is actually a nice little frugal tip, too; you use a lot less ribbon this way, and you don't have the extra band inside the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...