Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010: The Card that Started it All

Pin It Now! As I said, I plan on posting something a little special each Sunday, and this card is no exception. Growing up, handmade cards were something you made for your parents, usually from construction paper (although macaroni was optional). Although I had been a scrapbooker for a couple of years, I never seriously thought of making a card for someone; cards came from Hallmark, right?

I was surfing YouTube for backyard waterfall videos when a video for this card popped up. Intrigued, I watched the video; it turned out to be one of Dawn Griffith's exceptional videos. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owXJxuVNWY)

A birthday was coming up, and I suddenly thought "I can make that!" Since I already had all the scrapbooking tools and supplies, I quickly assembled a card out of my stash using the waterfall technique. (It wasn't the card above; sadly, I made a number of cards before I thought to start photographing them! The one above was a Christmas card I made year before last.) Cardmaking as a hobby was born. Since then, I have made what seems like hundreds of cards as gifts and to sell. I am so blessed to have started on a whole new facet to my beloved scrapbooking. :)

I noticed this week that my blog counter was over a thousand - I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all who visit my blog. The response has been more than I could have hoped for. If you stop by, please leave me a comment and I would love to hear what types of projects you would like me to post. :) Have a blessed Sunday!


1 comment:

  1. OMG this is so pretty...and elegant looking as well. I love this. I think I will try this too...thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...