Tuesday, May 25, 2010

March 25, 2010: 3-D Rose

Pin It Now! When I saw an amazingly, mesmerizingly beautiful rose made from ornament punchies at my last stamper's 10 club, I knew I had to discover the secret of creation. Fortunately, I discovered a couple of very good tutorials online - and here is my first attempt at Version #1.

I used slightly glossy cardstock and sponged the edges in Orchid Pink ink. The tutorial called for 20 ornament punch petals, but my rose took 25 and still seems a little sparse in the middle. The final rose is over 4" across. Can't you just see a wreath of these? Love it!

Can't wait to try Version #2 - I have been hoarding a piece of red velvet paper for a while now, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. So excited to try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...