Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27, 2010: Black & White Motorcycles

Pin It Now! When I saw the motorcycle stamp in the new Stampin Up Summer mini, I knew it was a must have. Coming out in time for Father's Day - epic win!

I originally saw this half and half technique in pink and brown with the large stamp from Lovely as a Tree - one of my all time favorite SU sets. When the motorcycle came in, I knew it would be perfect for this technique in black and white. I had it all in my head...then I saw Dawn Griffith did the same thing! I didn't CASE her card - honest. Just an odd coincidence, I guess. :) At least mine is still a little different! I'm just proud of myself that they line up so well.

I made one stamped image on black cardstock and embossed it in white powder, then the other on white cardstock and embossed it in black. Then I cut them in half and matched them back up with the opposite color and designed the card around the image. So cool!

1 comment:

  1. Love how this card turned out - thanks for sharing it and how you did it....Black and white cards are so versatile and the way you did this is stunning. Mary L
    http://www.doggandponyshow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...