Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29, 2010: Do Not Disturb

Pin It Now! I think this is definitely one of the more unusual custom orders I have had. One of my coworkers had her baby about six months ago, and I really admire her for continuing to breastfeed despite working full time. She asked me if I could make a "do not disturb" sign for the door so she can express milk (I think that's the right term) in privacy. Her only request was pinks and purples.

As soon as I saw this paper, I knew it was just right. I printed the wording on the computer and double matted it in coordinating colors, then popped it up on dimensionals. The flower is 25 ornament punchies with a decorative button in the middle. It doesn't show in the picture, of course, but it stands out almost 2".

I even used one of my less used tools - my grommet setter - to add the rings around the ribbon holes. They say "love" which I thought was appropriate - this sign was made for what is truly a labor of love.

All the best this holiday weekend - don't forget our veterans!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...