Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010: Masked Iris Card

Pin It Now! This is a positively ancient iris stamp by Inkadinkado (I think). It was a lucky thrift store find at a nickel - the equally ancient woman who sold it to me said that she used to play with "such things" in the '70s, but nobody used rubber stamps these days!

I used torn computer paper (it's sort of like recycling, right?) to make a mask then hand rubbed shimmering blue ink into the top of the card with a cotton ball. I used a straight edge to mask of each side of the focal point and inked that, too. Finally I inked the stamp in blue and randomly stamped over the top to add visual texture. Without cleaning the stamp, I inked it in black and stamped the focal image. You can't see it in the photo, but here and there a little blue peeked through the black to give it life and dimension.

The sentiment is Sincere Salutations by Stampin Up.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...