Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010: Rose Birdhouse

Pin It Now! Isn't this the absolute most adorable birdhouse?? I made it for the county fair - I've never entered the birdhouse class before! I always assumed birdhouses had to be more or less functional to be entered, but when I was the decorative birdhouse class I knew I wanted to enter. I've had this project in my head for a long time now, and it came together exactly as I hoped it would.

I used the template from Stampin Up's milk carton die, but used my own measurements so mine is quite large - at least as big as a 12x12 sheet of cardstock will allow! The rose I made myself using a 3" Marvy six petal flower punch, so the finished rose is about 2 1/2" across. I used textured cardstock and sponged the edges to make it realistic. The shingles are 1" circles and I used a combination of dies to make the window and surround. The bird itself is a Quickutz die, slightly altered, and the wing is a punched circle punched again to make the shape. The leaves are Sizzix.

I was thrilled with how it turned out, and I hope it does well at the fair. I entered a total of 15 paper projects, cards, and scrapbook pages so stay tuned to see how I did! Jeff and I will probably go to the fair on Thursday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...