Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 12, 2010: Wedding Album

Pin It Now! This is the third 12 x 12 wedding album I've done, and the largest/most extensive. Because it's so large, I'm going to show it to you five pages at a time. :)

I made this one as a wedding gift for Jeff's brother. I knew their wedding colors were going to be plum and silver, so I combined Stampin Up's Pale Plum (now discontinued) and Elegant Eggplant. My base is the Hot Off the Press Wedding in a Flash kit; it's the most bang for the buck with the brads, papers, embellishments, etc.

On each page, I used Versamark ink to watermark a section for journaling. In the past - probably because I am not much of a journaler myself - I have really neglected this.

I always choose a theme and a few elements that can be found on every page. For this album, it's the quotes and sayings of love, marriage and memory. Most are Fiskars, and I loved how they all came together.

Every page also contains handmade plum edged mulberry flowers purchased on Etsy and silver mounted rhinestones.

I did use a couple of the "maps" on the back of the kit package because I liked how they worked with the pages, but by and large this album is mostly of my own design.

When I do wedding albums, I try to do a layout for each item that is predictably on the photographer's checklist so the bride has a place for every photo. So that she knows which are which, I used a lot of K & Company stickers as well as the pasteboard embellishments from the kit to mark areas for photos of the dress, getting ready, ring bearer, etc.

Finally, I always try to have one element on every page that is unique to that page alone, like the printed vellum sheet on the Bride's page. I think it lends itself to a surprise touch of whimsy and keeps the album from being overly predictable.

I really loved how this album turned out, and I hope someday to be able to make a similar one for myself. :)




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...