Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19, 2010: One Layer Wednesday #20

Pin It Now! I've been enjoying the One Layer Wednesday challenges on the Simplicity blog. Although I don't do a lot of "clean and simple" (CAS) cards, I find that often in other challenges my cards are not as fancy as those that win. (I know winning isn't everything, and in truth I have yet to win a single challenge. But, I'm competitive enough that I keep trying!)

The challenge for OLW20 was three images and a sentiment. I was asked to do a sympathy card for a grandmother who had just lost her husband of many, many years. I had the stipple rose stamp from Stampin Up, and I knew I wanted to use that because it would be very age appropriate. For my other images I used the bee from Bloomin' Beautiful, and a flourishy stamp from an unknown set. The sentiment is the new hostess only set Because I Care. I bought it for the lovely hydrangea, but so far this sentiment is getting a lot more use!

In keeping with my age appropriate theme, I chose to color in the roses and bee with colored pencils. I love how it came out, and my customer was thrilled. She said it looked like the sort of china her grandmother would collect. :)


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous coloring job! If I could own only one Stampin' Up stamp, I've always known that particular rose would be it. Guess that's "age appropriate", though I'm more partial to peonies and seldom see them in stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bahb. :) I guess you are right; I haven't seen many peony stamps. I know Stampin Up has an older set named "pretty peony" but I think it's a two step set in a more watercolor than realistic look. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...