Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 25, 2010: Mojo Monday 157

Pin It Now! This is the card I made for this week's Mojo Monday 157. I really enjoyed the sketch this week, and I thought it would lend itself well to a masculine card.

Hubby loves his motorcycle, and I am always looking for good masculine themes. When I saw this long, long retired Stampin Up set, Born to Ride, I knew I wanted it. What I didn't want was the $75 price tag. Ouch!

It took me almost a year, but I finally managed to track an affordable set down on Craiglist. Naturally, this was one week before I got my summer mini catalog with the motorcycle a la carte stamp. ;] Fortunately, hubby didn't mind me getting both one bit! He is a doll that way.

I liked the round element in the sketch, but it really wasn't working for the look. After trying as few things, I finally decided to punch the back circle with my new brad daddy punch. It kind of looks like wheel spokes, perfect for the theme.

This care really does look better in person; the camera really washed out the differentiation between the torn Mellow Moss edge and the silver embossed strip. I used the new 5 x 7 cuttlebug polka dot folder; I think it looks better than Swiss Dots for masculine cards as each dot is flatter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...