Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010: Treasured Memories

Pin It Now!
Three scrapbook posts in a row...you guys might start thinking that I actually AM a scrapbooker!! (I am, I promise...)

This is one of my favorite layouts to date, although it is also an early one. I used a sketch off the back of a kit package and recreated the vintage look which I loved. As I've mentioned before, my daddio is a pilot; the first page shows current airplane and some shots of it flying taken by a fellow pilot. On the second page is pictures from a treasured trip with my dad. He always said if I earned a Bachelor's degree, he would take me to Washington DC so we could tour the museums. True to his word, we got to go in 2004. The air and space museum was amazing, and I got this treasured picture of my dad in front of the lifesized photo of the Wright brothers.

One of my favorite elements on this page is the postcard, which after much trial and error was fed through the computer for the journaling. The journaling includes a list of the famous planes that Dad and I saw that day, which included the Spirit of St Louis and the Enola Gay, the B-29 Superfortress bomber that dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima in 1945. I'll never forget that trip with my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...