Sunday, October 3, 2010

September 3, 2010: World Card Making Day Stamp Camp

Pin It Now! I was so excited yesterday to attend Heather Westlake's Stampin Up World Card Making Day Stamp Camp! I love her camps. The cost is very reasonable, and we usually make six different cards. All the cards are designed by the uber-talented Heather herself, and you can really tell that she earned a degree in design.

This was my favorite of the six. I often overlook such a simple technique as embossed resist, and adding in the extra flowers stamped with black Staz-On really takes this to the next level. The little touch of coloring on the sentiment is so simple yet sweet, too.

I'm not sure it shows in the picture, but the blue background is embossed with a Sizzix embossing plate. The plates, I find, don't emboss as deeply as the folders, which is actually kind of nice. It makes a smoother, more elegant presentation; almost as if you bought the paper that way.

Stay tuned for the next five of the World Stamp Day Cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...