Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2, 2010: Stipple Rose...Because I Care

Pin It Now!
Isn't this pretty? I made this on commission as a birthday card for an elderly woman. Some of the loveliest older women I know love roses, so Stampin Up's Stipple Rose is my go to stamp for that age group. Although I am beyond thrilled to report that I just purchased SU's Romantic Rose...so I may have another "go to"! I can't wait to ink it up. :)

I wanted a soft, romantic look, so I stamped the image in black on vellum then colored it in with colored pencils. It's mounted over a piece of patterned paper that looks like cream crackle paint. I don't like using glue with vellum, so holding them together with brads is an easy solution.

The sentiment is from Stampin Up's Because I Care hostess set. I bought it for the hydrangea...naturally the one stamp in the set that has not yet been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...