Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010: Christmas CASE

Pin It Now! Don't forget about my blog candies! Also, several of the groups of ribbon shares as well as the vintage bauble share is filling up. If you want in, let me know!

I saw THIS Christmas card on Splitcoast Stampers that I loved; the masking was amazing, it was a new take on Lovely as a Tree, and I really liked the way it was done in browns. This was my first take on it (I'll show my final one tomorrow; I made a few changes).

This card was actually made prior to my decision to join SU as a demo, so none of the inks are SU. In addition to Lovely as a Tree, I also used a very old SU set called Wildlife for the deer. The Peace on Earth is from Joann's $1 bin.

I actually bought my Lovely as a Tree on the secondary market before I even knew SU existed. It was (and is!) VERY well loved. And, sadly, the small branch/pinecone stamp is missing. But I made do with the tip of the evergreen tree. That's one thing I like about stamps; you can always use them in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...