Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011: Christmas Pigeons

Pin It Now! This is a card I made on commission this past Christmas - I've never done pigeons before, but I'm not one to back down from a challenge!

I googled homing pigeons for some reference photos to work from, then got my sponge daubers and went to work. The birds are punched with the Two Step Bird Punch in Whisper White. The faces are Marina Mist fading into Night of Navy and Perfect Plum, then more Marina Mist across the back and tummy. The gray I used is retired - Going Gray - and I used a touch of black at the tail tip. the wings are also Going Gray and black.

When I finished the sponging, I lightly frosted the faces with a touch of white and added white gel pen for the eyes and beak. I had no idea that pigeons had so many colors!

There. Pigeons for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...