Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23, 2011: Valentine Card Class Card #1

Pin It Now!
I'm so happy to report that my first card class went wonderfully! I didn't forget anything, or embarrass myself, or have any disasters. There were definitely some bobbles, and things that really need improvement (mainly in my performance), but overall it was a success. I'm just thrilled that I had six ladies come and they seemed to have fun. :)

This is the first card I designed. It's a single layer card except for the hummingbird, which I pre-made and had available as a sticker. I just didn't know how well it would work for beginner stampers and the need to clean the hummingbird stamp between every use, plus the cutting out. But the masking went well and everyone was happy to be making a spring card. You can't see it in the picture, but I added a tiny pearl for the hummingbird's eye, and I think even that tiny touch really elevated the card.

Just an update on my shares:

Ribbon & Brad Shares - Each needs three more people

Vintage Bauble Share - Needs two more people

Springtime Vintage Share - Group 1 FULL, Group 2 available

Sew Sweet Share - Needs two more people

Thank you to all who came to my class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...