Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011: Birdhouse with Butterfly

Pin It Now!
I just love this birdhouse...and fortunately, the girls at my Mommy & Me did, too!

Last summer, Stampin' Up! came out with a mini milk carton die, but I've been using a larger template since long before. The mini milk carton, in some ways, is cuter though. It subscribes to Cuteoverload.com's rule of cuteness: what is small, is cute. Nevertheless, my much larger version is cute, too!

I used two embosslets - Beautiful Wings and Flower Burst - to decorate the scalloped roof, and a handstamped bird. I love that the flourish in Bliss fits the bird perfectly - I even found part of the flourish to make the perfect eye. :)

The colors are Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink and Baja Breeze...what a lovely combination. I couldn't resists punching the branch from Certainly Celery, though!

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute! I love Birdhouses. I use to decorate small wooden birdhouse and had them all over my yard. I may do it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...