Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011: Happy Easter!

Pin It Now!
Happy Easter! As a Christian, it's such a joyful holiday - He is Risen! Who else can say that?

This was the Easter Basket I made as a door prize for my Mechanical Cards class this month. I know - with finals I am running behind. I haven't shared the favors OR the class projects with you yet!

I wrote down the name of the blog where I found this basket template...and of course I can't find it. If it is yours, PLEASE let me know so I can credit you!

It's really quite a simple basket, but it has a lot of wow factor. I love the way it came together and was so spring-y and cute. Just the right size for a Lindt chocolate bunny!

I used Regal Rose (my new fav!) with Chocolate Chip cut with the scallop edge punch for the handle. I reinforced the handle with the strip of ribbon - it's actually retired Rose Red (from the Clearance Section on SU's website for an AMAZING price!!) but I love the way it coordinates with the Regal Rose. I also used the Daisies #2 die in Glossy Whisper White and held the whole thing together on each side with a Antique Brad. It turned out quite sturdy! I think Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Glossy Whisper White is my new favorite combo. It isn't going to set the lake on fire, but it just looks so fresh.

Thanks to all who came to my scrapbooking and rubber stamping garage sale! I ended up with only two items left (the Slice and the Xyron Design Runner)...can you believe that? I sold EVERYTHING else! I'm still in a bit of shock...to start with 11 boxes containing hundreds of items and then be left with two is amazing. Jeff sold almost everything else, too. We ended up with only a couple large items (which we were happy to keep) and three small donation boxes. That's it!

I'm off to service. After all the snow it will be amazing to worship in the sun!


P.S.: My finals are all in! I still have standard weekly assignments in each of my classes for the next three weeks, but I'm essentially done with the semester. I'm so happy! EKK

P.S.S.: I took my garage sale earnings and placed a HUGE SU order...I'm so excited at all the new crafting options I will have! I also finally was able to buy myself a Big Shot (I've been using another brand that I already had). Look out for upcoming Big Shot technique classes! I'm SOOO excited. :) EKK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...