Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011: Easter Hats

Pin It Now!
One of my great joys in my monthly classes is making a handmade favor for each participant. This past month I wanted to have a bit of a nod to Easter so I chose to do Easter "hats." I've seen several variations of these online, and this is mine. :)

Each brim is made with the largest scallop circle die, topped with an embellishment container. I've done so many shares I have these containers coming out of my ears. :) I wrapped the sides of the containers with a strip of cardstock, then topped each with a 2 1/2" punched circle of DSP - this is my First Edition Easter Hat.

To carry on with the butterfly theme I added two Rich Razzleberry butterflies using the Beautiful Wings embosslit die. The satin ribbon is also Rich Razzleberry - I just twisted a short length into a cord and tied it around the brim, then added a bow with a glue dot on top. I like this because it gives your bow double tails.

Since we no longer meet at the Donut House, I thought this was the perfect way to give everyone a little treat - mini peanut butter Easter eggs. They fit perfectly in the embellishment container!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...