Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14, 2011: Watercolor Wonder Card

Pin It Now! This is one of those cards that I wish you could see in person. It's so beautiful but a lot of the color variations are subtle. This is an other card designed by Sharon Skelton for us to make.

For this card we used Confetti White Cardstock, which I hadn't really even noticed in the catalog to tell you the truth. I love it! It's got so much depth and the little speckles add a lot to the card! We also used my favorite Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and Seam Binding, which I am happy is still on the carry over list from the Occasions Mini. And yes, that IS a fork bow! I love my fork bows. :) And I really think the seam binding was designed with fork bows in mind. It makes it so easy and it drapes like a dream.

The bottom of the focal image mat is cut with the Scallop Trim Punch and embellished with tiny Basic Pearls. What an amazing detail!

For the watercoloring - and this is so cool! - we used the Watercolor Wonder Crayons. When watercoloring, it's best to use the Watercolor Paper and stamp your image in Jet Black Staz-On. The beauty of Staz-On is you can stamp on almost anything - even Window Sheets!

One of the ways Sharon taught us to really bump up the wow factor is to use the Crumb Cake crayon from the Nautrals Collection for the shadowing, which adds so much depth! I was thrilled to learn this, since I would have never thought of it on my own. :) We also used the Cherry Cobbler crayon from the Regals Collection, the Rose Red and Bashful Blue crayons from the Subtles Collection and the Old Olive crayon from the Brights Collection.

What I thought was the coolest thing is what we used for a palette - Clear Block F! This mondo clear block is larger than any of the stamps Stampin' Up! sells in clear mount, and now I finally know why! You use the flat base of the Watercolor Wonder Crayons to make patches of color, then pick it up with the Aqua Painter. (Seriously, if you don't have an Aqua Painter, you NEED one! It's a dream to watercolor with, regardless of what you are using for color. And the results are always unique and gorgeous!). Watercolorer I am not, but I think I still achieved a great look...anyone can do this kind of watercoloring!

Oh - the stamp set! I almost forgot. :) This is On the Grow from the new Summer Mini Catalog (check it out on the free PDF download on the right sidebar of my blog). I love this set, available in wood or clear mount. It just screams for watercoloring!

That's it - love this one! Sharon really outdid herself designing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...