Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9, 2011: Anniversay Envelope Card

Pin It Now!
I think this is my favorite anniversary card to date! I made it on commission, and I was asked to make an anniversary card for a husband who is also a best friend. I like commissions like this since they give me a lot of personal freedom.

For this card I used Crumb Cake, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla cardstocks - I know I've mentioned that it's one of my favorite color combos. :) The ink is also Crumb Cake and Marina Mist.

The pretty scalloped envelope is from the Scalloped Envelope Bigz Die, one of Stampin' Up!'s exclusive designs. This die is so versatile! You can even run a folded piece of cardstock through it to make it large enough to hold a gift card...oh, the possibilities!

I could have sworn I took a photo of the three tags I put inside the envelope, but I can't seem to find it! I stamped each with a sentiment from Word Play and Fifth Avenue Floral. (Several people have told me they can't find Word Play on my website - it's actually at the end of the alphabets, although it can be found in the sentiments section of the catalog!). I also used my very favorite Elements of Style like a background stamp; just perfect for this application. It comes in both wood and clear mount - I like the clear for making my own backgrounds. Ordinarily I would use the rose image, but this card was for a boy, so I didn't want it too feminine!

The remaining stamps are non-SU. Sometimes they still sneak in when I am making commissions. :)

Don'tcha just love the tabs? They are from a Stampin' Up! punch that is not only one of my favorites, but also my very first...the Round Tab Punch. It's so versatile! I've used it as a wide corner rounder, Christmas Ornaments, brackets, blouses (with fluffy floral skirts, of course!), a cool border, mini 3-D pumpkins, photo corners, bats, spider legs, ribbon spools, sponge holders, unique windows, owl faces, hats, handles, purses, skirts, tags, hinges, pulls and of course, tabs. I'm sure you could come up with even more options! It's such a unique shape...I love it. It's such an easy way to add a cute little embellishment.

1 comment:

  1. Love the color combination! I can see why it is one of your favorites. However, the envelope with the tabbed cards steals the show! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...