Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011: Father's Day Tent Card

Pin It Now! My very last Father's Day card of 2011! This was made on commission, and I was asked to go with a camping theme. I instantly thought it would be fun to do a card shaped like a tent, and when the flaps open that would be the inside of the card.

Ordinarily, when I want to make a card of an unusual shape I find a template online. For the first time, I couldn't find one! So I started from scratch and this is the result. :)

I used Pumpkin Pie cardstock , and inside the tent is Very Vanilla. Both the stamp sets are long retired: Fishin' and Fly Fishing. The ink is Chocolate Chip, and the sentiment is retired from the Summer Occasions Mini - it was a hostess set called Something to Celebrate. I also used the Ticket Corner Punch for the insert.

Such a fun card - I enjoyed this one. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...