Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011: Pages 10 & 11

Pin It Now!
Still working our way through my Elegant Soiree wedding album. :) This is pages 10 & 11.

All the patterns in the Elegant Soiree (now retired) paper pack were amazing, but this was by far my favorite. I wanted to really show off the beauty of the scrollwork on the patterned background, but I also wanted to make a cohesive page.

Ultimately, I chose a semi-symmetrical design using two photo mats. Each photo mat is Very Vanilla, and I embossed the end of each one with the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. To bring out the pattern I gave each a quick, light rubdown with a sponge dauber and Baja Breeze Classic Ink.

I had a bit of a seam where the embossing folder ended, so I covered the transition with Crumb Cake Seam Binding and centered a Very Vanilla Ribbon Slide (now retired) on each. Then I topped each photo mat with a strip cut with my Decorative Label Punch. Bet you didn't know you could use it for a border!

To finish the page, I stamped the flourish from Always Elegant in Crumb Cake Classic Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock, then punched it out with the Full Heart Punch layered on top of Very Vanilla embossed with the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit Die. I LOVE that they fit each other!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Elin! This will truly be an album to treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...