Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011: Purse Party

Pin It Now!
Recently I was invited to a purse party on short notice, and I always like to bring a themed card as a thank you to the hostess as well as to the demonstrator. I always figure everyone remembers to thank the hostess, but not always the demo!

At first, I considered making a card shaped like a purse, or one with a large purse made from the Top Note Die and the Big Shot. But I recalled seeing all these adorable little purses online made from punches, so that is what I chose to do.

My card base is Crumb Cake and I ran it through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to make the fancy edge. My first purse is the Round Tab Punch in Marina Mist, topped with the end from a Medium Oval Punchie in Very Vanilla. The handle is Pink Pirouette 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (now retired), and I added a Basic Pearl to the front.

The second purse is Pink Pirouette Cardstock punched with the Cupcake Punch. I stamped the "Thanks so Much" from Tiny Tags in Soft Suede on the front, and added Basic Pearls to the scallops across the top. The handle is Marina Mist - first I punched out the Word Window Punch then I punched again with the Modern Label Punch.

For my final purse, I wanted to make a larger tote type bag since this company makes a lot of larger bags. So I punched Marina Mist out with the Postage Stamp Punch, then punched it again to make it a rectangle. I took my rectangle and scored it diagonally each way using the new Simply Scored scoring tool (going on sale September 1st in the Holiday Mini Catalog!) and added a tiny Basic Pearl at each intersection. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have scored first then punched - it's hard chasing a tiny punchie around with a scoring tool! The handle is Certainly Celery 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (also now retired).

Just a reminder - there are only a few days left to order from the Summer Mini Catalog as well as take advantage of the Buy 3 Packs of DSP, Get 1 Free! Promotion.

I can't wait for September 1 - I have FOUR amazing new shares ready to roll from the new Holiday Mini - you are going to love them! At $12 each, it's a great way to try out some of the amazing new products for a great price. :) I will have one Halloween, one Thanksgiving and TWO Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...