Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18, 2011: October Stamp of the Month Kit

Pin It Now! Now that we are well into December, perhaps I should finally share my October Stamp of the Month Kit!

I adore making these - they are so much fun! Each kit contains a wood mount stamp set, an ink pad, color instructions and all the supplies to make a few fun projects. October was a card, a bookmark and a 3-D project. I like to try to show a wide range of versatility for the stamp set. All too often people tell me they don't know what to do with a stamp set, or they have a ton of supplies but none of the right things. This is my answer! All you have to supply is scissors and a basic adhesive (glue stick or double stick tape - something like that) so it's a great gift for someone who has never stamped before and doesn't have a craft room, too!

When your kit arrives, it is in a flat document box, stamped with images from the stamp set using the ink included in the kit. I also try to doll up the box with retired ribbons and a few coordinating embellishments. :)

When you open the box, (as long as you have kept it flat!) everything is tidily laid out. The stamp set is mounted for you and ready to go, a fresh ink pad, ribbons coiled - I even include dimensionals! Everything is pre-portioned and ready. I even do all the die cutting, hole punching and dry embossing for you in case you don't have a Big Shot or Crop-a-Dile!


For October, I chose French Foliage. I love how versatile it is for everything from Valentiens to Thanksgiving! In the kit is a fun autumnal card good for either a man or woman, a large 3-D Pumpkin, and a corner bookmark. I love how these three projects are totally different but use just one stamp set and one ink pad!

It really is an all-inclusive kit - I even included a bamboo skewer to curl your pumpkin vines. And the color photo tutorial is very clear - but of course, I'm always on call if you get stuck. :)

In addition to French Foliage and Soft Suede Classic Ink, the card features a Crumb Cake Cardstock base and a strip of Chocolate Chip Cardstock, torn to complete the vintage look. The First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper is pre-cut with the Top Note Die and the Big Shot. The embellishment is Crumb Cake Seam Binding with a scrap of Victoria Crochet Trim. The small french postmark from French Foliage fits perfectly on a Mini Vintage Tag - I just cut the string off and clipped it in place with a Mini Library Clip (in the kit, the clip comes in handy, too - it holds the small strip of glue dots in a coil so they don't get stuck to everything!).

I wanted to stay away from traditional fall colors for the bookmark. :) I used a base of Pink Pirouette Cardstock, pre-cut and scored with the sticky strip already in place! I added a pre-punched scallop circle of Garden Green Cardstock, and a mock bow of Whisper White Organza Ribbon. The butterfly is pre-dicut from the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die and the Big Shot, using Shimmery White Carstock. An Antique Brad and strip of Basic Pearls is the perfect finishing touch.

Finally, the pumpkin! I make my pumpkins a little differently than those seen on many online tutorials, because I like to have a flat bottom so they sit flat. This one is amply sized for up to three battery tealights, too! Again, the strips are pre-cut and hole punched from Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, and the vines are Old Olive Cardstock. The ribbon is Old Olive 5/8" Satin - so luxurious in person!

So there you have it - my October Stamp of the Month Kit. I intend to do these every month, although I chose not to do one in November and December due to time constraints. Oh - the price is $35 a month, no commitment (not like a club or anything). If you are local I do free delivery; shipping is extra. I will announce the stamp set and ink pad color in advance so you can decide if you want the kit. The projects are a surprise!

Each of my kits includes a wood mount stamp set, so if you give it away your recipient won't need to worry about clear blocks if they don't have any. If you have the stamp set already but still want the kit I'll substitute any stamp set of equal or lesser value - same on the ink pad. If you want clear mount I can do that too. :)

The photo tutorial alone for the three projects is available for purchase for $5, e-mailed directly to you.

Soo...January's Stamp Set of the Month Kit will be.....With All My Heart! Because we are gearing up for Valentine's Day, the projects will have that theme although they will be suitable for other events as well. The ink pad color will be Real Red. This is going to be a fun one - you do not want to miss it!

And don't forget about the amazing Clearance Rack Blitz!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. Everything you need to make the gorgeous projects and ideas for using those you don't. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...