Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29, 2012: Last Day!

Pin It Now!
Tomorrow is the last very day of the Spring Occasions Mini Catalog, and Stampin' Up! has STILL not announced a carryover list.  Make sure you get your orders in ASAP if you want anything!

I've been crafting up a storm trying to keep up with my schedule AND use some of my retiring products one last time.  :)  This card was totally CASEd from the uber talented Dawn Olchefske - check out her card HERE.  The retiring stamp is the Triple Treat Flower, and I used all three of the coordinating punches - Fancy Flower, Five Petal Punch and 3/4" Circle Punch.  The Five Petal Flower Punch is also retiring - boo hoo!  It's one of my faves. :(

I really liked the way this card came together.  You can't see it in the photo, but I crumpled each layer of the flower to give it a ton of dimension and texture. 

I have to laugh at myself, though.  I've always wondered why Stampin' Up! has that amazing large Scallop Circle die, and no coordinating circle to go on top.  (I cut this one with the Circle Scissor, which is retiring).  Imagine my surprise when a kind demo finally told me that the Clear Circle Die layers on top perfectly - I had no idea!  I immediately ordered myself one...the day before it was announced that the Clear Circle Die is retiring.  Ugh!  At least I have mine, now...and you better believe I am keeping it!  You should order one.  It's a perfect 3 7/8" Circle.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...