Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27, 2012: Dad's Birthday

Pin It Now! After all this time as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I own very, very few stamps from other companies.  I just really feel that SU's stamps are so completely superior in every way that I have no need for anything else!  Except when it comes to Daddy's airplanes.  :)  These stamps are exact images of the airplanes Dad has owned or flew, so I have to keep it on hand just for him!

As soon as I saw the aperture layers people were putting in shadow box cards, I hatched this idea of using the Cupcake Builder Punch to make clouds, which would part so your could see an airplane.

Using torn printer paper, I made masks to sponge Marina Mist Classic Ink on two squares of Whisper White Cardstock.  One became my background, and I punched the clouds out of the other one.  the clouds are mounted on strips of Window Sheet using Sticky Strip.

For the front of the card, I chose Daffodil Delight and punched my window with the Postage Stamp Punch.  The airplane on the front is stamped in More Mustard Classic Ink.


 For the float plane, I stamped it on Whisper White Cardstock in Jet Black Staz-On Ink and watercolored it with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink using a Blender Pen before cutting it out and attaching it to my background with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I couldn't get a picture of it completely closed, but when it is you can't see the plane at all.  :)

It's always fun to impress your parents and show them how far you have come from construction paper and dried pasta!


   



1 comment:

  1. What an awesome card! I love it! My Dad also used to love planes, in fact, he took flying lessons at one time. I remembering going to our little airport and watching him. What a special card, Elin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...