Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012: VersaShadow Filligree

Pin It Now!
Finally sharing my May class cards!  These turned out really beautiful and feminine, if I do say so myself.  :)

For this first one, I wanted to showcase the striking Versa-Shadow technique I learned from Erin Gonzales (check out her blog HERE - it's one of my faves) using the now retired French Filligree.  This technique works on a lot of cardstock colors, but there is something about Basic Gray!  It's really easy too - just stamp with Whisper White Craft Ink, and highlight with a Versamarker.  Easy peasy!

The rose is from the now retired (TOTALLY just blanked out on the name!  Good grief.  :) ), which we stamped in Jet Black Staz-On on vellum paper, and colored in with Old Olive, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Markers.  Cutting it out and mounting it on a torn corner of Pink Pirouette Cardstock really made it pop.

Don't forget about my Open House next Saturday!  :D

ETA: THANK YOU CHERIE!  The stamp set is indeed Happiness Shared.  :D



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! At first look I thought you used an embossing folder. This is a great technique. I've used it before on focal image but never on a whole background...this is very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally AWESOME! It is just beautiful! I think the stamp set might be Happiness Shared. Not sure! I'm off to try this technique out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...