Monday, August 6, 2012

July 6, 2012: What a Weekend!

Pin It Now!
What a weekend!  I had 7 events this weekend (none stamping - just local activities)!  We endced up missing one but adding another so I still made 7 of 7.  It's an accomplishment.  :)

I was thrilled when my upline Heather announced that this card was crayon resist...it's one technique I've never done.  And it was so much easier than I thought it would be!  I've seen some on blogs and there seems to be quite a debate over Crayola crayons versus another brand, or only using white crayons, or whatever.  Heather said that she has experimented with all sorts of crayons and it doesn't seem to matter!

It's super simple...all you do is stamp on Glossy White Cardstock with Jet Black Staz-On and give it some time to dry.  Then you color on whatever you want with crayons (the one I used was purple), trying to get the wax a little thick.  Sponging on color is really easy - just pounce it on, don't rub.  When dry wipe off the wax to reveal the white!

I can't wait to try this technique again.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...