Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012: Daisy

Pin It Now!
I know I've been MIA lately, and here is why.  This is my new buagboo, Daisy.  I was recently forced to come to the incredibly difficult decision that my 1967 bugaboo, Rocket, was struggling with winter long distance driving.  Now that Mom is buying the flower shop and I will be making more frequent trips north to help out on weekends and whatnot, I knew that the trips would be increasingly more difficult for Rocket.  Additionally, although it really isn't an issue for town driving, she needs a new transmission, and my good mechanic isn't rebuilding them himself any more. 

After much consideration, prayer, and discussion, we made the touch decision to garage Rocket for an undetermined amount of time - essentially, until we can afford some more major work.  And even then, she will likely only be a summer car.  Until then, I needed something else - stat!

Car shopping is so hard and time consuming!.  I test drove a lot of vehicles, and I was kind of leaning towards a Mustang.  After driving four I finally decided that they were not for me.  I had always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to try out a New Beetle (they came out in 1998 with that name, and it stuck).  But I couldn't find one to drive!  After three weeks of searching I was finally able to drive one - a VERY beat up 2008 convertible - and I was hooked. 

Then the real hunt was on.  Every bug I found (and there were not many!) was completely unsuitable due to age, condition, history, miles, etc.  Most had major issues due to lack of care.  Due to the lack of options in my area, I widened my search to the entire Pacific Northwest - and found Daisy.

Daisy lived in Anacortes, Washington - a ritzy island north of Seattle.  After extensive communications with the seller, we decided she was worth the trip.  Dad flew my brother and I into Anacortes, and Daisy did not disappoint.  I bought her and my brother and I drove her home.  A very long drive, but totally worth it!

I have been able to steal a few moments and do some crafting, so I have lots to share.  Stay tuned!  :)

Elin K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...