Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24, 2012: Christmas Eve

Pin It Now!
I know it's been a while - I took an unplanned couple weeks off from posting, so I wanted to take this opportunity to share what has been going on.  :)

Early this month I left my position as a Senior Legal Secretary at the Kootenai County Public Defender's Office, a job I had loved for more than six years.  Leaving was one of the hardest, most emotional things I've ever done - but I knew it would be worth it.  My new job?  Manager for my mother's new floral and home furnishings shop, Fleur de Lis Floral & Home!

Mom and I have talked, dreamed and prayed about a small shop for as long as I can remember.  Now, after all these years, God is helping us turn those dreams into reality and we couldn't be happier.  Stressed, yes. Nervous, yes.  Overwhelmed, yes.  But so happy and excited!

Fleur de Lis Floral & Home has stood at 125 N Washington in Newport, Washington since it was built in the '60s.  Originally Pulford's Floral, it has been an institution in the area for decades, most recently as Floral Expressions.  We will be closed for three weeks to remodel and restock, and then having a huge Grand Opening Party on January 14, 2013.  I would love to have you all check in on our Facebook Page HERE, or on our new blog www.fleurdelisfloralandhome@blogspot.com

What does this mean for me?  That is the best part!  I will be working four days a week for the shop, and one day a week at home creating fabulous handmade items that will be available for sale there.  I've been looking for the perfect outlet to sell my crafts locally, and this is it!  I am soooo excited that God has blessed me with this opportunity.  I also hope to eventually have these items available online via Etsy.

Since I truly believe that Stampin' Up! has the highest quality, most unique products available, I'll be remaining a Stampin' Up! demonstrator although I am unsure yet how much I will be able to do in the way of classes and events.  Although I am sad to see the door closing on what has been a very rewarding facet of my business, I am also forced to realize that this is for the better.  In the last three years I have spent far more time prepping for classes and working my business than I have spent doing what I truly love, which is paper crafting.  It will be a new way of life for me, but one I am happy to embrace and looking forward to what this new opportunity has to offer.

I want to take the opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the support you have give my business, and hope that you continue to follow my blog as I share the items I make for Fleur de Lis Floral & Home.  I will no longer be maintaining my online business website with Stampin' Up!, but if you would like to place an order I would be more than happy to do that for you, just e-mail me.  :)

With all the planning, praying and prepping, I, the cardmaker, did not make any Christmas cards this year.  So, I whipped up the "card" above with My Digital Studio.  So thankful to have that resource! 

Have a blessed Christmas,



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! One of my favorite stamp sets!
    I am so happy for you! Wish I still lived in Oldtown. One of my dreams for me and my daughter has been to open a store called, "Lorie & Beth's Scrapin' Cafe". Someday, maybe. I pray the business is very successful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...