Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 13, 2013: Corrugated Cardboard Valentines

Pin It Now!  So, with Valentine's Day tomorrow, I thought I would (finally!) share some of the valentines I made for my mom's flower shop, Fleur de Lis Floral & Home.  I made dozens of cards over the last few months all in preparation for tomorrow!  These are my corrugated cardboard valentines, which I made in 6 styles.  I used pre-made 6" square corrugated cardboard cards from a local store, and hand cut them into hearts leaving the fold at the top so they would open like a regular card.  I also took all my scraps and cut little hearts out to use as accents. :)
For this one, I used two of Stampin' Up!'s Hearts Collection Framelits Dies in Real Red & Whisper White, and layered them to make my background.  I stamped the little girl from Greeting Card Kids in Jet Black Staz-On on more Whisper White, then cut her out and colored her with my Aquapainter using Regal Rose.  Finally, I colored in her heart with a Real Red Marker.  The sentiment is from Field Flowers.
 
 For this one I die cut Pink Pirouette cardstock with an Apothecary Accents Framelit and lightly stamped over it with Crumb Cake ink and the En Francais background stamp.  I further distressed the edges with the distressing tool and sponged on more Crumb Cake with a Sponge Dauber.  The letters are cut with retired alphabet dies in Rich Razzleberry, and I added a Rich Razzleberry button and some hemp twine.
 This one was super simple - I stamped the flowers from Everything Eleanor in Primrose Pink on Very Vanilla and cut them out, and I added Daffodil Delight marker on the stamens.  I also stamped the label image from Everything Eleanor in So Saffron on Very Vanilla and die cut that with another Apothecary Accent Framelit.  The sentiment is retired, and a new Large Rhinestone finishes off the center flower.
 For this one I simply colored on a retired stamp with several markers and stamped it on Very Vanilla then cut it out.  I topped it with a sentiment from Blessed Mother stamped on a small strip ofVery Vanilla, and clipped the ends with my Decorative Label Punch,
 Retired Daisy die in Whisper White and Summer Starfruit, with a center dahlia in Summer Starfruit.  I also added the ticket from That's the Ticket in Raspberry Ripple.
Last but not least, I used one of the new single stamps in Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise, punched out with the Full Heart Punch and matted on more Whisper White cut with the Heart of Hearts Embosaslit.  The retired sentiment is punched out with the Modern Label Punch.

So much fun to get to use my old retired favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...