Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16, 2010: Photo Cube

Pin It Now! x12 paper
Another excellent design from Jackie Topa (jackietopa.typepad.com), this photo cube is great fun to make.

I've used measurements of my own - mine uses a full sheet of 12 x 12 paper so the resulting box is about 4 x 4. I chose that size since it is a good use of the paper (I try to avoid scraps when I can, although my 15 drawer stack would seem to indicate otherwise) and it fits 6 photographs in approximately wallet size.

Each of the purple shapes is cut with Quickutz Nesting Dies and embellished in a unique way with silver cord, charms, ribbons, flowers, stickers and buttons. I also used my Making Memories Ribbon Curler for one of the embellishments. It isn't a tool I use often, but I really enjoy the effect when I do.

I believe I will list this on Etsy this weekend - some of these projects need to find a new home!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...