Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010: Motorcycle Card on Etsy

Pin It Now!

This is the second item that I have listed on Etsy - one of my Motorcycle Music Cards that plays George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone." :) I was so excited to be able to find the motorcycle Guitar picks, so I wanted to share. What a great embellishment! I didn't know that guitar picks were available in so many themes - I can see using them in a lot of my designs.

The inside of the card is embellished with a photograph that I obtained copy write free on Wikimedia Commons. I love the Commons!

I know that $10 seems like a lot for a card, but that's really just over what I have in it for supplies - but the time I get the music chip and the huge, highly detailed Jolee's motorcycle embellishment, plus the metallic cardstock, that is near where I am at. I am working on finding a less expensive resource for the motorcycle embellishment, but so far no luck. I don't have (or want!) a high enough volume to be able to purchase wholesale. If I can find a better option, I'll pass on the savings, of course. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am totally shocked! I thought also once you "purchased" the HD item you could use, call it whatever. It only promotes their name and scrapbookers to purchase more product?? Did they just "warn" you or give any further explanation?? I'm really amazed, and thank you for the information ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - Mostly, it was just a warning. I am still trying to figure out if they were upset that I used "licensed H*****-D*******" in my ad or if they were upset as to the products used. Thus far, they have not responded to my query beyond their first e-mail to cease and desist.

    They did say that my Etsy ad gave the impression that the card was both made and sold by their company, but I don't quite understand what they mean by that.

    Other Etsy sellers do use the same Jolee embellishments I do, they just advertise them differently, so I am going to try that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...