Friday, September 17, 2010

September 17, 2010: News for Grandma & Grandpa

Pin It Now! One of the things that I love the most about making paper crafted items on commission is the unique requests that I get. I've made everything from 3-D tulips to cards shaped like a basket of fish and chips.

This project is no exception. A friend of mine came to me in confidence and asked if I could take a poem and make a framed piece out of it. She wanted it to be the way she told her parents that she was expecting.

I was honored to be a part of such an exciting and intimate event, and this is what I came up with. I purchased an inexpensive white frame and cream mat, then sponged the outside of the mat with Mellow Moss ink. I used a fancy downloaded font for the poem and added one of my favorite stickers. I wanted to do something simple, elegant and gender neutral.

Thanks for continuing to check in with me and my projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...