Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 20, 2011: Sweet 3x3 Valentines

Pin It Now!
The Bugaboo is fixed - yay! I'm so glad. It was a rough trip - Hayden to Sandpoint, Idaho fighting a monster headwind. My arms ached from holding the bug to the road! Jeff was following me in his much heavier car, and he said I scared him a few times. My mechanic said that bugs are shaped much like the wing of an airplane - at 60 mph, only 40% of the car's weight is on the pavement. (In a way, this makes sense to me; bugs essentially have an airplane engine.) Interesting, huh? On the flip side, I had a lovely tailwind coming home.

Anyhoo, as promised, here are the adorable little Valentines I made for the girls at work. Aren't they cute?

I used a teeny tiny scallop circle die to cut Perfect Plum cardstock to make my handmade flowers; I cut two for each card, then ran them both ways through Stampin' Up!'s amazing Corrugator to break down the fibers so I could peel them apart and get four layers for each flower. (After 16 Valentines, yes, I was questioning my sanity).

For the card, I used Very Vanilla as a base, and the 1 3/4" circle punch to make a stencil for my sponged Pink Pirouette center (I know, it barely shows, but it's a nice little detail in person). The "For You" from the stamp set Great Friend is in Perfect Plum ink, and the heart stamp is in Pale Plum (retired...boo hoo!). Do you recognize the heart stamp? It's marked Stampin' Up! but no date and was not die cut. I think it's fairly old - I got it as a single stamp at a garage sale. (There is a small line flower like a doodle under my flower.) I'd love to ID it and see the rest of the set! It's one of my favorites, even if it is an orphan. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...