Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011: PPA81 for the Birthday Boy

Pin It Now!
I know I'm on the tail end of the contest, but I needed a quick birthday card for a young man. Jeff has three brothers, and Josh is like a fourth. I really wanted to make him something special.

When I saw the sketch this week for Pals Paper Arts, I thought it would be perfect for Extreme Dirt Bike, which I got for FREEEEEE for Sale-a-Bration! I love getting things for free...especially stamp sets. :) I thought this one would be good to have on hand as my brother is an excellent extreme rider and we are both big Metal Mulisha fans. Yep - I'm a Metal Maiden.

A while back my upline did a card using Pumpkin Pie and Pacific Point - two colors I would have NEVER been gutsy enough to combine on my own, but loved together. She had also added a light blue - Marina Mist or Baja Breeze, but I couldn't remember which. I chose Baja Breeze, and I really like the effect with the Whisper White. The ink is Baja Breeze for both the focal image and the sentiment, which is from Word Play. I really love Baja Breeze - it's got just enough green that it looks amazing with my favorite purples and pinks.

Well, wish me luck. I enter a fair number of contests, but I haven't won any yet!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pop of these colors! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really nice color combo. TFS yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Love the colors and what you did with the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...