Friday, February 25, 2011

February 25, 2011: Little Miss McMuttersons Goes to the Vet

Pin It Now!
Bayley - somehow - always knows when a visit to the vet is in the offing. Today, I have to take her in early to have her teeth cleaned, and clearly she knows it; she is visibly upset and nervous. I always wonder how she knows??

The first time I took her to the vet she was 5 and we had just gotten her from a rescue. I have no way of knowing if she had ever been to a vet before (it didn't really seem like it). It was hysterical, actually, to watch her. She tends to act like she is much bigger than she is, so she goes plowing into the vet like an oversized Rottweiler. You know, straining at the leash, fur all puffed up, "cock of the walk" as my grandmother used to say. First thing she sees through the doors is a ginormous Great Pyrenees getting body shaved. She deflated like a pricked balloon and promptly became a quivering puddle on the floor. I had to pick her up to carry her to the desk. Ever since, she has fallen apart at the vet office - sad, but funny. :)

I stayed up late cutting shares of Stampin' Up!'s Sew Suite and Botanical Gazette collections from the mini catalog - wow...amazing products! I chose to include Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding with the Botanical Gazette collection. I think I'm in love! It's so rich and decadent. I was having a hard time choosing the perfect color for my class next month (to go with Basic Black and Very Vanilla), but clearly Cherry Cobbler is IT. I can't wait to start working with it, and I think it will look AMAZING with Vintage Brads...oooh I'm so excited! The Sew Sweet, Botanical Gazette and Ice Cream Parlor shares are all $11 each; it's a great value! I'll post pics tomorrow, but if you are interested please let me know ASAP. I'm taking the shares to two events this weekend so they may sell out!!

Elin K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...